Classified Ad Title:
Senior Wastewater Scientist
The Project Scientist focuses on providing solutions to clients in the wastewater and water industries, particularly municipalities, looking to identify solutions for challenges associated with biosolids and residuals production and management as well as regulatory assistance. Duties include developing the best approach to solving problems with technical assignments. Must be able to work with limited supervision and have competencies with computer applications, including Excel, Word & electronic communications.
● Identifies innovative solutions for municipal and industrial wastewater and water treatment facilities, specifically related to solids treatment and handling and residuals management.
● Visits wastewater treatment plants and, to a lesser extent beneficial use sites, to observe existing operations and identify challenges.
● Reviews, interprets, and understands state and federal environmental regulations, specifically those relating to biosolids, water treatment residuals, food processing residuals, and other residuals management
● Communicates with clients, regulators, peers, and other professionals.
● Prepares written reports and regulatory forms for submittal to regulatory agencies and clients.
● Assists clients with improving wastewater treatment operations and laboratory practices.
● Assists in business development, including identifying business opportunities and proposal development.
● Completes administrative tasks as timesheets, expense reports, and workload projections.
● Miscellaneous duties as needed
Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering, Environmental Science, or related science field and a combination of 10 years of experience in wastewater treatment consulting or wastewater related experience.
Obtains and maintains certified operator license
Valid Driver’s License
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Jade Triton at firstname.lastname@example.org